Tuesday, December 25, 2012

"Five O'Clockers" - Fine Cocktail Dresses from 1951

These evening dresses have designer quality - a redingote dress with slip dress and the perfect dress for important engagements. Check out these wonderful cocktail or "after 5" dresses from 1951 and McCall. I include the original sizes available and the original price of the pattern.

McCall 8344

The garment under the redingote dress is called a "slip" but that is a misnomer. If you make it of an important fabric - metal cloth or a beautiful print on good heavy crepe - it can be used alone as a short dinner dress. The redingote fastens only at the waistline. Its neckline is waist deep, shawl collared.  Sizes 12-20, 40-46 $1.00

McCall 8350

Very Big Date! Charming neckline, swooping down in a graceful heartline. Long wasted and bustle-y at the back, and a pannier peplum hat is just the thing for snake hips. A slim-as-a-pin dress viewed from the front, but in back it has that pretty walk-away flare. Crushed short sleeves and other sleeve types. Sizes 12-20. 85 cents.

5 comments:

  1. This is an informative post review. I am so pleased to get this post article and nice dress. I was looking forward to get such a post which is very helpful to us. A big thank for posting this article in this website. Keep it up.
    sexy dresses

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an informative post review. I am so pleased to get this post article and nice dress. I was looking forward to get such a post which is very helpful to us. A big thank for posting this article in this website. Keep it up.
    sexy tops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black cocktail dresses in any style are also a favorite at parties. No matter which fabric you choose, black can be appropriate.Best Online Shopping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    Prom Dresses

    ReplyDelete