Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Scraps from the Past - Sunny Gingham Shirtwaist Dress

The Pattern: Mail Order 9225
It's been a while since I've found a fabric scrap in a pattern! And this slim shirtwaist dress has appeal as both a day dress and an afternoon dress. With its slim skirt, peg-top in-set hip pockets, and vertical tucks framing the front button opening, there's plenty of room for inspiration. :)


The Scrap: A small bit of gingham in a bold aqua - not faded a bit! I can picture the dress in this fabric. :D


4 comments:

  1. I love it when that happens! I've also bought some vintage shoes that came i their original boxes, complete with the fabric scrap they were dyed to match! It's so great to imagine the fantastic outfit the dress and shoes must have been!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree, Emileigh! It is fun to envision the dress in the fabric, and it is also fun to learn what colors and fabrics were popular in that decade or era. :)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely find! I think the dress would look great in that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kate-Em! I can visualize the dress in that gingham fabric, totally. :)

      Delete