Monday, October 13, 2014

Miss Lillian's Postcards - Vintage Tweets: Another "Poke" from Nora

Postcard 021

Sender: Nora
Addressee: Miss Lillian Maguire, 3004 Vine Grove Ave, St. Louis, Mo
Postmark: [unmarked]
Date: [undated]
Image: St. Joseph's Hospital, St. Charles, Mo.
Message: 
[From Nora] (cut-off, on edge of right side)


St. Joseph's Hospital no longer exists in this very handsome building, most likely rather new back in 1907. A search on St. Joseph's Hospital in St. Charles, Missouri shows a very large facility that serves the region with multiple facilities. My, how St. Charles has grown since then. :)


If you compare the handwriting on this postcard to the handwriting on postcard 20, you will see that they are same. Therefore this is another "poke" from Nora. And if you look at the front of postcard 20, the "From Nora" signature is captured on front of this postcard too, but the majority of the signature here is "off the page". :)


 A gorgeous evening coat for the theater - 1907

2 comments:

  1. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw your post was a postcard of St. Charles, MO. My hometown! How did you stumble upon this gem. I haven't lived there in 10 years and it has changed so much. Love the bit of hometown nostalgia. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Jane! Thanks for your comment, and how fun to have a reader be from St. Charles, MO! To learn how I stumbled on this postcard, go to the "Miss Lillian's Postcards" link on the right side (under "Looking for something?" title). You'll see another postcard from St. Charles, as well as my posts on how it came about that I am posting these vintage postcards. :)

      Delete