Friday, September 19, 2014

Home Sewing Tips from the 1920s - Using Tucks to Add Chic to Your One-Hour Frock

I have to admit, Ruth is simply so clever! This is essentially the "one-hour dress" that I posted previously, but with pin tucks, appliqued pockets, and tie belts at drop waistline. What makes it so clever is that the pin tucks are sewn in place before the pattern pieces are cut! The little hip pockets sweetly adorned with floral appliques and tie belts add delightful touches. Ruth actually refers to the use of a "basic pattern", but it looks like the one-hour dress to me, just no godets required! ;)



I love it when she specifies colors. Can you imagine the almond green crepe de chine? :)

I so want to try this! If any of you do make this, I would be delighted if you would add a comment to this post with a link to your blog post on the results. I would love to see this come to life. :)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I almost was going to go to JoAnn's (with a coupon clutched in my hand!) this weekend, but other things kept me from getting there. I am psyched to go buy "three and a half yards" for my "medium size" (whatever that means!), although I don't know that I will aim for crepe de chine, let alone the color "almond green". :)

      Delete