BeforeThe pattern: Simplicity 1149 (1950s)
The results: It's divine, it's sublime! It's a little dress and bolero, befrilled, beribboned, and perfect for Valentine's Day! The sewist, Beth, made the dress for her daughter, who is the model in all these pictures. Note the lace trim and the addition of the heart shaped pockets on both the dress and bolero. Her accessories (hair bow, marvelous red shoes, and lace-trimmed socks) complete the ensemble perfectly.
Have you fallen in love with the outfit? Have you fallen in love with this darling toddler? (Move over, Shirley Temple!) Do you love mid-century fashion and style? If you said yes to any of these, you definitely want to check out the marvelous Rosie scarves, Rosie bow barrettes, and fabric bags and purses that Beth sews and sells online. Be sure to visit:
- Her Etsy shop DollyValentine
- Her website www.dungareedolly.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DungareeDolly
- Instagram: @dungareedolly (where she occasionally sells baby outfits and accessories)
- Instagram: @lovedbylibby (where you can occasionally purchase the handmedowns)
You are in for a treat! And thanks to Beth for sharing her pictures!