As shown in the diagram, the box jacket was created from the topper by doing the following:
- The shoulder line was narrowed, lowered, and rounded
- Sleeve width was reduced
- Roll-back cuffs were made by turning under a wide hem and top-stitching the new sleeve edge
- Lining was cut off to meet the raw edge inside the sleeves
- Back fullness was taken in
- Patch pockets were cut from the bottom of the topper and the edge hemmed. Pockets were set at the hemline.
And here is the final result!
A belt adds the finishing touch! And don't forget your gloves. ;)