Sunday, April 24, 2016

Polka Dots Go Mod


In my last post, I featured a vintage sewing pattern and polka dot fabric from the 1930s. Very lovely and so charming! In this post, I pull you 30 years later to the mid-1960s, when Mod fashion was just getting started. These images, also featuring sewing patterns sewn with polka dot fabric, are from a Vogue Pattern magazine, April-May 1965 issue. Enjoy and be inspired!

Vogue 6470: Polka dots certainly pop in this outfit. I love the 3/4-length bell sleeves. Note the just-above-ankle length of the flared pants. I find the model's big hair rather mind-blowing. She looks like a Barbie doll!


Vogue 6413: Polka dots gone large.



 Vogue 6461: Polka dots with stripes - psychedelic!


Vogue 6462:  Polka dots with plaid!



No comments:

Post a Comment