Sunday, April 27, 2014

Home Sewing Tips from the 1920s - Create a Fabric Rose for your Hat or Frock

In this fine tip from Ruth Wyeth Spears, a template and instructions allow you to create a fine fabric rose (taffeta and silk are the recommended fabrics) to accent a hat or frock. Note that it is a "flat" rose, perfect for attaching to a garment. Once you've mastered the technique, don't stop at one!


Don't forget to click or tap the image in order to enlarge it for easier reading (and from which to print the template).

2 comments:

  1. This looks WONDERFUL!!
    I will definately make it!
    Thank you so much for posting all these fabulous vintage treasures!
    I always look forward to what the next wonderful thing you share with us will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU so much! I love hearing from others that these posts have inspired you. :) If you make anything from these vintage posts and publish a picture somewhere, let me know! I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete