Sunday, June 24, 2012

Scraps from the Past - 1940s Dress in Cool Summer Seersucker


If you had this fine dress pattern, what fabric would you choose to sew it in? Can you imagine the dress in a sunny, blue and white seersucker? :D
 

This scrap of seersucker, cut and sewn into a strip of self-fabric bias binding, was tucked into this pattern from 1947, Simplicity 2009. So imagine view 2, for example, only with pinstripes of cornflower blue and white. It's a lovely picture, isn't it?
 A perfect dress and fabric for summer!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great pattern. It would make a great dress for everyday wear. I am not sure if I like the seersucker, but maybe it´s only because I am no huge fan of tiny stripes.

    And thank you for all your comments. You really made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it would make a wonderful dress for everyday wear!

    As for your blog, it was great fun to see your latest projects. You have a great sense of color, style, and design. I love how your sewing and embroidery projects just come together so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete