Friday, January 29, 2016

Scraps from the Past: Cute 1950s Toddler Dresses

With the end of January, my thoughts are turning to spring and what better time to think about sewing a sunny party or play dress for a toddler? Two recent listings in my shop are the patterns listed below for toddlers, and each pattern had a fabric scrap! Each is from the early 1950s.

The pattern: Simplicity 1149 (size 1 is in my shop)


The scrap: The fabric scrap is the collar for view 2 and is a charming soft cotton, with teal polka dots. I can envision this fabric for view 3, myself - so cute with those scalloped edges.


The pattern: Simplicity 4136


The scrap: The fabric scrap looks like it might have been intended for the sash tie. It is a beautiful sateen cotton in soft aqua blue. I don't think the scan captures the shiny quality of the sateen, but it is lovely. I can visualize it for both views.
Are you inspired yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment